You can process customer payments in three ways:
- start from the order, or
- start from the open invoice, or
- start from a new receipt.
Start from the order
- Navigate to the order you wish to work with.
- Click the button next to the order totals at the bottom right.
- When the Payment dialog appears, fill in the payment details and click Apply Payment.
Note: For details on processing credit card payments, click here.
Start from the open invoice
- Navigate to the invoice you wish to work with.
- Click the button to create a receipt. When the dialog appears, click Apply.
- A new receipt record appears and is auto-filled with information related to the invoice. Notice that the amount is pre-filled based on the amount due from the related invoice.
- Enter the payment information and click Save.
Note: Credit card payments will attempt to authorize on saving. If approved, the card will be charged and the authorization code will automatically appear. If the charge is declined, a dialog appears informing you of the decline. For more on credit card payments, click here.
Start from the Receipt
- Navigate to the Receipts module. From the main menu: Accts Receivable > Receipts.
- From the New menu, select Customer Receipt.
- Fill in the details of the receipt. HINT: Select the company name first and the open invoices automatically appear in the list.
Note: For information on credit card payments, click here.
- Click Save. When the dialog appears, click Post to post the receipt.