You can add records to your found set using quick search or by using advanced search.
Adding Records With Quick Search
You can add records to your found set using common criteria for any field (or combination of fields) in the quick search bar. For example, let's say you are working with company records and you want to add all companies in the state of New York.
- Enter NY in the State/Prov field.
- Click the Search drop down list and select Search including Current List.
aACE will search for the records matching your criteria and add them to your current found set. You can use as many field combinations as you wish.
Adding Records With Advanced Search
If you wish to add records to your found set based on many common criteria, you can perform an advanced search. For example, let's say you have a found set of company records and you want to broaden the set by adding all companies from Cleveland, Ohio in zip code 44124.
Click the Search drop down menu (located in the quick search bar) and select Advanced Search. In the advanced search screen:
- Click the Include button at the top of the screen.
- Enter your common criteria. In this case, the city of Cleveland and the state of OH and Postal Code 44124.
- From the FileMaker Search menu, select Extend Found Set.
aACE will search for the records matching your criteria and add them to your found set of records in list view.