You can process a vendor's invoice directly from the Purchases module. This is helpful when a vendor's invoice covers multiple POs.
NOTE: When you process a vendor's invoice in this way, the Purchase record does not link to the POs and aACE does not cross check expected charges. To cross reference POs, use the alternate method for processing vendor invoices. See Processing vendor invoices from the PO module.
- Navigate to the Purchases module. From the main menu: Accts Payable > Purchases.
- Click the New button at the top of the screen.
- In the Vendor section, search for and select the appropriate vendor. Notice that the unbilled purchase items automatically fill in once you select the vendor. aACE lists the related PO number for easy cross reference.
- Keep the items in the list that are referenced on the vendor's bill. You can quckly remeve items not listed by clicking the X at the end of the record row.
- Fill in the amount of shipping, tax, and check the Use Tax flag if appropriate. When ready, click Save.
- A confirmation dialog appears. Click Open to save and open the Purchase. To save and leave the record pending, click Not Yet.